ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

Locked 6 messages Options

ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

This post was updated on .
I've completed the global move of code around (mainly from vtltape.c into ssc.c) of all SCSI OP codes.

I've added/implemented Personality Module framework and have some basic examples that still need to be completed.
 - ULT3580-TD1,
 - ULT3580-TD2,
 - ULT3580-TD3,
 - ULT3580-TD4,
 - ULT3580-TD5,
 - AIT4,
 - T10000A and T10000B (STK),
 - IBM 05392 - J1A, E05 and E06.

A quick example of 'personality module' feature is that ULT3580-TD1 & ULT3580-TD2 do not support WORM while the TD3, TD4 & TD5 do.

Limited subset of the above also support the Encryption OP codes.

Primary download : https://sites.google.com/site/linuxvtl2/home#vtl-download-devel

Uploaded here for ease of access.
mhvtl-0.19-0.i586.rpm
mhvtl-0.19-0.src.rpm
mhvtl-0.19-0.x86_64.rpm
mhvtl-2010-11-19.tgz

The code has been lightly tested using NetBackup 7.0 with and without persistent reservation.
i.e. I've backed up, restored, verified using NetBackup.

I've not tested the encryption section yet.
Core dumps with previous betas should be resolved.

Thanks

Re: ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

Mark, fyi ... maybe just a typo in your post.

These LTO drives should be called :

ULT3580-TD1
ULT3580-TD2
ULT3580-TD3
ULT3580-TD4
ULT3580-TD5

Instead of :

ULT3584-TD1
ULT3584-TD2
ULT3584-TD3
ULT3584-TD4
ULT3584-TD5

I cannot find any reference online to any IBM ULT3584-TDx drives ?

I believe the code also does show the correct type:

vtltape.c:                      init_ult3580_td1(lu);
vtltape.c:                      init_ult3580_td2(lu);
vtltape.c:                      init_ult3580_td3(lu);
vtltape.c:                      init_ult3580_td4(lu);
vtltape.c:                      init_ult3580_td5(lu);
vtltape.c:                      init_ult3580_td5(lu);

Re: ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

Also, Mark, I want to mention that this release has been working fine for TSM so far .. no issues.
I am using the ULT3580-TD1 drive.

Re: ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

Many thanks for the
a) Confirmation that I haven't broken anything &
b) The typo in the original posting (which I've just fixed)

Re: ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

ap2010
Hi Mark,

did some more testing apart from Bacula (which works fine). Seems everything works ok with the WORM stuff as well.

Thanks,

Albert

Re: ANNOUNCE: 0.19-0 release

Many thanks for the testing.