ANNOUNCE: mhvtl-0.18-13 released

Locked 3 messages Options

ANNOUNCE: mhvtl-0.18-13 released

I've released 0.18-13 which includes the following fixes

  - SMC read element status. Return correct length.
  - SMC read element status. Handle request for 'any' slot type.
  - SSC log page. Byte-swap Bytes Read/Written.
  - vtltape: Return ILLEGAL REQUEST for unsupported OP codes.
  - Density code updates.
  - Increased sense buffer from 38 bytes to 96 bytes.

It can be retrieved from :
http://sites.google.com/site/linuxvtl2/home#vtl-download-stable

For those who can not access google:
mhvtl-0.18-13.i586.rpm
mhvtl-0.18-13.src.rpm
mhvtl-0.18-13.x86_64.rpm
mhvtl-2011-01-11.tgz

or via github:
$ git pull http://github.com/markh794/mhvtl.git

Cheers
Mark

Re: ANNOUNCE: mhvtl-0.18-13 released

cchinchoy
Mark

a little confused, I thought we were up to 0.19.x

Regards

CCC

Re: ANNOUNCE: mhvtl-0.18-13 released

The '0.18' is the "stable branch" vs the 0.19 is the "bleeding edge" where there are major surgery going on.

I'm half (Actually, I'm almost there..) way thru updating to use xml config file in the 0.19 branch.
Once it works (well, doesn't core on me). I'll post for people to experiment with.

I'm attempting to keep fixes going in both release branches. At least until I'm happy enough with 0.19 branch that it's working as well as the 0.18 branch..

Hope this explains the difference.

Cheers
Mark