Comprehensive Listing of Libraries and Drives

Comprehensive Listing of Libraries and Drives

cchinchoy
Hey all, I am not certain if this was already addressed and if so, i am sorry for the double posting. If not however is it possible for the list to be produced. Also i was wondering about a compatibility matrix as well as best fit configs that work and emulate production type environments. this will definitely help as I currently work in Networker and Netbackup and soon to come Tivoli. this will aid in the config and training process and solution design proof of concepts. Regards cchinchoy

Re: Comprehensive Listing of Libraries and Drives

I agree .. I don't think anyone is working on such a list yet.. it would be very helpful to have an accurate one also.

I typically search TSM IBM docs that always show the various Library and Drive id's with inquiry strings.
i.e.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&uid=swg21329168

I also download windows device drivers and look inside the .inf file to find inquiry strings also ..

I don't know where else to look for this info ...

IKP

Re: Comprehensive Listing of Libraries and Drives

IKP
n.i.a wrote
I agree .. I don't think anyone is working on such a list yet.. it would be very helpful to have an accurate one also.

I typically search TSM IBM docs that always show the various Library and Drive id's with inquiry strings.
i.e.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&uid=swg21329168

I also download windows device drivers and look inside the .inf file to find inquiry strings also ..

I don't know where else to look for this info ...

You may find the details in the NetBackup hardware compatibility guide helps - the document contains the tape library and devices inquire strings.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76495

Alternatively, rather than go for lots and lots of library's, find one which you know works / have the drivers for and keep than and focus on the software environment.

HtH

IKP