Deleting/destroying tapes

kanecharles92
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to delete/destroy tapes from command line/GUI? I am looking to deleting the cleaning tape that was generated with my library (3584L22, cleaning tape is CLN095L4).

The reason I'd like to do this is, if I attempt to label all of my fresh tapes after I first define/initialize the library in TSM, it gets through 94 tapes then hangs up on the 95th one (the cleaner tape).

I can then halt TSM, bring it back up and do another checkin with status to scratch, but I have no need for a cleaning cart as it is all virtual.

Thanks!
Kane

Re: Deleting/destroying tapes

There are several methods to achieve your outcome.

The easiest method would be to shutdown mhVTL, edit /etc/mhvtl/library_config.nn (where nn is the library number)
Remove the CLN095L4 from the config file and start mhVTL

The amount of space consumed by a cleaning tape is only a couple of KBytes. It can be removed via 'rm -rf/opt/mhvtl/CLN095L4' (default location- you may have changed from default)

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Mar 2015, at 20:59, kanecharles92 [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to delete/destroy tapes from command line/GUI? I am looking to deleting the cleaning tape that was generated with my library (3584L22, cleaning tape is CLN095L4).

The reason I'd like to do this is, if I attempt to label all of my fresh tapes after I first define/initialize the library in TSM, it gets through 94 tapes then hangs up on the 95th one (the cleaner tape).

I can then halt TSM, bring it back up and do another checkin with status to scratch, but I have no need for a cleaning cart as it is all virtual.

Thanks!
Kane

http://mhvtl-a-linux-virtual-tape-library.966029.n3.nabble.com/Deleting-destroying-tapes-tp4025897.html
To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML