Quantcast

EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

12

EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

FYI,

I have successfully tested new EMC NetWorker V8.0  with MHVTL V1.4.4. No issues encountered during device configuration or testing. Backup and Restore were normal ... I have used the GUI to discover and configure all MHVTL devices.

-nia

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

Many thanks for the time and effort in testing NetWorker with mhVTL.

Always nice to have confirmation that Application upgrades still work with mhVTL :)

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

redliquid
can you paste your configuration of mhvtl?

redliquid
thanks

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

redliquid
do you install lin_tape drive?

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

redliquid wrote
do you install lin_tape drive?
Nope. NetWorker does not require it. It uses Linux native st driver.

-nia

thanks i'll try.
MrK

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

MrK

I am very interested and try it a lot of time but unsuccessfully ... can you give me the link to the release of MHVTL V1.4.4 ... please

Thanks and Regards
MrK

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

MrK
Hi Mark,

Great job ... congrats ! .. I am an NetWorker Administrator for a long time and this is awesome.

PS : Can you send me the link to download the mhvtl v1.4.4 ... please ?

Thanks and Regards

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

MrK

Thanks a lot ... will try
MrK

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

MrK
Congratulations ... !

PS : Can you tell what Linux are you using ?
MrK

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

MrK
Hi Mark,

have install on CentOS 6.3 64-bits , no issues to create Lib abd Drive ... will try to use it with EMC² NetWorker 8.1SP1

Many Thanks
MrK

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

MrK
Hi Mark,

Your MHVTL was successfully installed and used on EMC² NetWorker V 8.1SP1 ...

Great Job and Many Thanks
sba

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

sba
I have NW 7.6SP2 an very strange issue with tape capacity. I configured library with LTO6 tapes/drives, default capacity set to 2621440 and all tapes updated with edit_tape to this capacity and density:
Media density code: 0x5a
Media type code   : 0x0e
Media description : Ultrium 6/16T
Tape Capacity     : 2748779069440 (2560 GBytes)
Media type        : Normal data
Media             : read-write
Remaining Tape Capacity : 2748779069440 (2560 GBytes)
Total num of filemarks: 0
Hdr:      End of Data(05), sz             0, Blk No.: 0, data 0

So, when I label tape in networker, mount it and look at properties->volume information, I see capacity of 604M. And it writes exactly this amount of data to tape before reporting EOT. If I set volume default capacity in drive properties, it labels tapes with proper capacity.

Anyone else have this issue? It seems mhvtl is to reporting tape capacity properly to networker.

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

RahulD
Hi Nia,

I need urgent help in Networker configuration with VTL.

Please let me know once your are available for discussion.

Thanks

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

Nia is no longer involved with mhvtl-gui.. I understand he discovered there was a life outside mhvtl-gui and has move on..

You have not provided any details as to your issue. If you can provide a problem description along with any logs to show/highlight what is going on, others on this list will be happy to provide assistance.

Note: We can not provide detailed trouble-shooting for individual backup applications but should be able to point you in the right direction if the problem is found not to be mhVTL related.

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

RahulD
Hi Mark,

I basically need help on Configuration of IBM VTL tape on Networker server.

I have configured VTL tape on Networker server and when i try to label tape drives i gets below error,

nsrd NSR notice 5 %s %s 2 0 43 [Jukebox `vtl_tape@2.0.0', operation # 11]. 0 75 Error reading volume label: cannot set record size: block size ioctl failed

Please give me pointer to resolve this issue, also if you have any document/link which has detailed steps about how to configure IBM VTL tape drives on Networker Server.

Regards.

Re: EMC NetWorker V8.0 Successfully Tested

Can you please provide the syslog (typically /var/log/messages)
If you could also advise of the time of the failure. Just to ease my searching :)

Sent from my autocorrecting iPhone

On 20 Sep 2016, at 14:42, RahulD [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Mark,

I basically need help on Configuration of IBM VTL tape on Networker server.

I have configured VTL tape on Networker server and when i try to label tape drives i gets below error,

nsrd NSR notice 5 %s %s 2 0 43 [Jukebox `vtl_tape@2.0.0', operation # 11]. 0 75 Error reading volume label: cannot set record size: block size ioctl failed

Please give me pointer to resolve this issue, also if you have any document/link which has detailed steps about how to configure IBM VTL tape drives on Networker Server.

Regards.

To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML
12