How to install mhvtl top on solaris 10

Undranake
hi friends. mhvtl want to build on top solaris10. but I'm a novice. How can I install it? I want to install a single tape. Thanks for your interest.

Re: How to install mhvtl top on solaris 10

Interesting question... Of two parts.

The 'user space' piece should compile quite easily - there is nothing too strange in this where it should not compile on almost any *nix friendly environment.

The fun part comes in the 'mhvtl' kernel module. A custom SCSI (SCSA) hba driver with a char-device driver attached would need to be created.. i.e. The pseudo hba driver passes the SCSI CBD & data blocks via the char-device driver to the user-space daemon.

Of course, you could always run up the mhVTL in a virtual environment, attach a iSCSI target driver (stgt or scst) and connect from Solaris via iSCSI to the mhVTL..

Re: How to install mhvtl top on solaris 10

Undranake
Thank you for your reply. now I'm already using mhvtl in virtual environment. However, I wanted to use it directly on the solaris system without using a PC.I think I'm the one who did this before. but I couldn't do it.