How to used MHVTL with window based backup software ?

ctl

How to used MHVTL with window based backup software ?

ctl
I am new to this software and newbie to Unix. Would be grateful if someone can tell me whether MHVTL can help for the following situations :

1. For window base server (2K3 or above) with tape drive / library directly attached through SCSI cable.
    Assume backup software is window based.

2. If yes for Q1, how can this be achieved as it is a piece of linux software.

3. If No for Q1, can it be configured as a linux black box which allow servers (Unix or Wintel) to connect with other protocls (ie. fibre or iscsi) ?

Thanks in advance

Re: How to used MHVTL with window based backup software ?

Re: How to used MHVTL with window based backup software ?

FC is supported also ..
ctl

Re: How to used MHVTL with window based backup software ?

ctl
Nia.

Thanks for the info.

So if my platform is Unix /Linux, direct attached as SCSI is supported ?

Re: How to used MHVTL with window based backup software ?

ctl wrote
So if my platform is Unix /Linux, direct attached as SCSI is supported ?
Well, first, it has to be Linux only .. as far as the Direct Attach as SCSI, please review the SCSI Target software here:

http://scst.sourceforge.net/
or
http://stgt.sourceforge.net/

Also note that SCSI Target support here is still a separate layer that runs on top of MHVTL.

I know some one had tested MHVTL on windows before using Point-to-Point or direct attached FC connected to MHVTL running on Linux with scst.

I have tested iSCSI so far and it works great. I don't have access to HBA's to test FC.

fyi, stgt is much easier to work with but I find scst to be much more mature for this right now.