Installation for noob

Mintoz
Hi everybody,
I'm new in linux world but i'm very interested to mhvtl because at work we should use NetBackup.
I've installed Ubuntu Server 12.10 in a VM, without vmware tools. Then I've installed some packages:
liblzo2-2, liblzo2-dev, zlib1g, zlib1g-dev, mtx, sg3-utils, tgt, mt-st, lsscsi.
After these packages I've download mhvtl using Git.
Then I've run this command:
 -  cd /ami/mhvtl
 -  make
 -  sudo useradd -c "mhvtl user" vtl
 -  sudo make install
 -  cd kernel
 -  make
 -  make install

But when I try to startup mhvtl with this command: /etc/init.d/mhvtl start
there's this issue: make_vtl_media failed..

Could someone help me? I've tried to follow this guide http://mhvtl-linux-virtual-tape-library-community-forums.966029.n3.nabble.com/How-To-Setup-MHVTL-on-Oracle-Enterprise-Linux-5-You-can-do-this-for-RHEL5-CentOS5-td2033680.html
but I've the same results.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Regards,
Mintoz

Re: Installation for noob

It will be problems with file permissions on / opt/mhvtl

Try "chown -R vtl /opt/mhvtl"

And retry startup script

Sent from my iPhone

On 22/02/2013, at 22:59, "Mintoz [via MHVTL - Linux Virtual Tape Library - Community Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://mhvtl-linux-virtual-tape-library-community-forums.966029.n3.nabble.com/Installation-for-noob-tp4025287.html
To start a new topic under MHVTL - Linux Virtual Tape Library - Community Forums, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MHVTL - Linux Virtual Tape Library - Community Forums, click here.
NAML

Re: Installation for noob

Mintoz
Thank you very much, Mark.
It's works! Now I can proceed to configure webgui and iscsi to connect Vtl to other servers.
Thanks for your great work and support.
Regards from Italy,
Mintoz