Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get .. etc .. ?

Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get .. etc .. ?

Mark,

Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get and emerge .. etc .. ?

Is that going to be possible in the future ?

Just curious ...

n.i.a
IKP

Re: Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get .. etc .. ?

IKP
n.i.a wrote
Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get and emerge .. etc .. ?

Is that going to be possible in the future ?

Just curious ...

n.i.a
My two pennies worth - I prefer to build from source.

IKP

Re: Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get .. etc .. ?

Andreas Piesk

at least yum is possible because there's a rpm package available.
but the package has some issues if you run an upgrade. i have a patch ready but forgotten to send it to Mark.

regards,
-ap

Re: Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get .. etc .. ?

IKP wrote
My two pennies worth - I prefer to build from source.
Yes I agree , but since there will be many, many small updates happening all the time, the automation does make updating easier ..

Andreas Piesk wrote
at least yum is possible because there's a rpm package available.
I guess even that requires some kind of setup for repositories and such ...Correct ?

n.i.a

Re: Installing MHVTL via yum or apt-get .. etc .. ?

Andreas Piesk
nope, either install it with 'rpm' or use 'yum localinstall mhvtl.rpm' or 'yum localupdate mhvtl.rpm'.
even 'yum install mhvtl.rpm' installs a local rpm package but i'm not sure if all yum versions support that.

regards,
-ap