Integration with LIO?

sean liu
Sorry if this is a repost - but I did search LIO or targetcli and did not find any results.
My question is - is there any plans to integrate MHVTL with LIO (http://linux-iscsi.org/wiki/Main_Page) which is supposedly the Linux standard (i)SCSI target framework?
I understand there are flamewars between LIO and SCST but the current integration with stgt is a little outdated?

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Integration with LIO?

Many thanks for the query..

LIO & mhVTL testing is something I would like to do.. In fact, I would love to remove all dependencies of the 'mhvtl.ko' kernel module and use LIO for the kernel side and mhVTL in User space..

It's all a matter of time :)

All development is performed during my 'spare' time (typically) traveling to/from work by public transport..

Re: Integration with LIO?

sean liu wrote
.....but the current integration with stgt is a little outdated?

Thanks,

Sean
This project is very active .. See https://github.com/fujita/tgt

Have you tried ILO with tape yet ? I am interested to see if qlogic FC target is easier to setup than scst.

-nia