Is it possible to create logical QIC- or DAT-drives?

Is it possible to create logical QIC- or DAT-drives?

Torsten
Hi everybody!

Is it possible to create logaical QIC drives and/or DAT-drives?

Especially old HP-systems, like the 382 ones we still have in some very special areas, need those drive-types to store their SystemBackups (I think that was the HP-term for it).

Anyway: its a great tool, thanks a lot for it!

Have a nice day
Torsten

Re: Is it possible to create logical QIC- or DAT-drives?

I think so .. Mark can confirm .. Try these in device.conf for some HP DAT devices:

Library ID :
HP
C5713A
Firmware : H910

Drive ID :
HP
C5713A
Firmware : H910

or

Library ID :
HP
DAT72X6
Firmware : B312

Drive ID :
HP
DAT72X6
Firmware : B312

If you can provide me with actual product name, then I can search for the inquiry string to be used for you.

Re: Is it possible to create logical QIC- or DAT-drives?

Torsten
Thanks a lot!
I will try that later, as I just got up ;)

Have a nice day
Torsten