Kernel 4.15 and later break mhvtl kernel module

Kernel 4.15 and later break mhvtl kernel module

scsirob
Hi Mark,

Have you checked compiling mhVTL against recent kernels? In 4.15 a change to timer functions was introduced which seems to break the kernel module compilation. I'd try to fix this myself if I understood the intricacies, but was wondering if you had a chance to do so?

Rob

Re: Kernel 4.15 and later break mhvtl kernel module

I have had a patch submitted (a couple of months ago) but just haven’t had time to pull it and try it out..

I’m out of touch for next couple of weeks but plan on catching up on backlog once back from leave.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 16, 2018, at 20:07, scsirob [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Mark,

Have you checked compiling mhVTL against recent kernels? In 4.15 a change to timer functions was introduced which seems to break the kernel module compilation. I'd try to fix this myself if I understood the intricacies, but was wondering if you had a chance to do so?

Rob

To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML

Re: Kernel 4.15 and later break mhvtl kernel module

scsirob
There's a patch for 4.14 from November of last year. That patch doesn't address the timer changes in 4.15.
Hope you can have a look at it.