Kernel Module for version 1.4.10 - kmod-mhvtl-1.4.10 ???

jb

Kernel Module for version 1.4.10 - kmod-mhvtl-1.4.10 ???

jb
Hi,

I have installed the mhvtl 1.4.9 rpms on my Linux box via elrepo?

mhvtl-utils-1.4.9-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
kmod-mhvtl-1.4.9-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64

Then, I noticed the source RPM on the website for version 1.4.10.   I built the source RPM but it is only for the mhvtl-utils.  Is there a matching kernel module source RPM for version 1.4.10?  If so could you please point me to it...  If not will the 1.4.10 utils work with the 1.4.9 kernel module and/or is it even needed.

Thanks.
John

Re: Kernel Module for version 1.4.10 - kmod-mhvtl-1.4.10 ???

The kernel
Source will be contained in the tar ball in the src.rpm.

The existing kernel module will function fine. Just some minor tweaks. I think the version you have will conflict if you try and load scsi_debug at same time (not a usual thing to do)

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Jan 2014, at 6:45, "jb [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the mhvtl 1.4.9 rpms on my Linux box via elrepo?

mhvtl-utils-1.4.9-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
kmod-mhvtl-1.4.9-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64

Then, I noticed the source RPM on the website for version 1.4.10.   I built the source RPM but it is only for the mhvtl-utils.  Is there a matching kernel module source RPM for version 1.4.10?  If so could you please point me to it...  If not will the 1.4.10 utils work with the 1.4.9 kernel module and/or is it even needed.

Thanks.
John

To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML