Possible incorrect version number reported by 0.18-12 & 0.190Beta under /sys/module

Possible incorrect version number reported by 0.18-12 & 0.190Beta under /sys/module

Mark,

FYI .. I have noticed the following on both 0.18-12 & 0.190Beta :

# cat /sys/module/mhvtl/version
0.18.11

I also notice this in the code :
./kernel/mhvtl.c : #define MHVTL_VERSION "0.18.11"

Is this still true as perhaps you are reporting the kernel module version and not mhvtl version under /sys/module/mhvtl ?

I was using the command above to check for mhvtl version to ensure compatibility with GUI currently being developed.

Thanks
n.i.a

Re: Possible incorrect version number reported by 0.18-12 & 0.190Beta under /sys/module

Perhaps an option to vtlcmd:
Would 'vtlcmd -version' work ??

There is no change in kernel module, so I can't see a reason to change that version number..

Re: Possible incorrect version number reported by 0.18-12 & 0.190Beta under /sys/module

 ~ # vtlcmd
Usage  : vtlcmd <DeviceNo> <command> [-h|-help]
Version: 0.18.12

Yes vtlcmd does return the correct mhvtl version .. However the option "~ # vtlcmd -version" does not work ..

Perhaps this option can be added for vtlcmd in later releases

Thanks Mark ..