Remove or delete tape drives

kerkael
Hi,

I search with the forum search option but could not find.
I am not interested in the default number of tape drives presented when the vtl is started.
So I decided to modify the library_contents and restart the vtl.
But this does not work.
The vtl always comes with all the tape drives it has originaly.

Is there a correct sequence to modify the configuration ?
I succeeded modifying the number of slots, the number of tapes, the Barcodes ... but I can not remove the tape drives :(.

Thanks for your help

Re: Remove or delete tape drives

There are two places that need to be updated.

The device.conf describes each device handled by the mhvtl package.

Then there is the library_contents.XX file which describes the layout of the library for device 'XX' (see device.conf)

In an ideal world, this should be handled by some sort of web interface to automate the generation of device.conf / library_contents.XX files...

It's just time (or lack thereof).

Cheers
Mark