Support for separate dir per each library media stored

Locked 1 message Options

Support for separate dir per each library media stored

[nia]
Administrator

Support for separate dir per each library media stored

Postby nia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Support seperate directory location for each library media.

i.e

for Libraries
/etc/mhvtl/library_contents.10
/etc/mhvtl/library_contents.20

Media can be stored in
/opt/mhvtl/10/
/opt/mhvtl/20/

This allows mounting as different file systems.
~nia
nia
Forum Founder

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Support seperate directory location for each library med

Postby root » Fri May 07, 2010 11:43 pm

I like this too .. :|
Root
Forum Moderator
User avatar
root
Forum Global Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Support seperate directory location for each library med

Postby bzg » Thu May 13, 2010 9:12 am

How can I set up separate directories for separate libraries?
I'm using the following version:

[root@mhvtl ~]# vtlcmd
Usage : vtlcmd <DeviceNo> <command> [-h|-help]
Version: 0.18.7
bzg
Registered

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Support seperate directory location for each library med

Postby nia » Thu May 13, 2010 9:37 am

This is just a wish. It is not supported yet ;)
~nia
nia
Forum Founder

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Support seperate directory location for each library med

Postby bzg » Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 am

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood ;) I'll wait this feature!
bzg
Registered

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Support seperate directory location for each library med

Postby nia » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:22 am

Mark,

Any chance this wish can come true in the near future ? I want to keep read/write I/O separated per each defined library if possible. I think creating separate directories per each defined library media can do the trick ..
It will sure keep things more organized at the least anyway. ;)
i.e

Libraries:
/etc/mhvtl/library_contents.10
/etc/mhvtl/library_contents.20

Media can be stored under:
/opt/mhvtl/10/
/opt/mhvtl/20/

Regards,
~nia
nia
Forum Founder

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Support seperate directory location for each library med

Postby markh794 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:35 am

Makes sense..

I'll see how hard it will be to implement :)

I wont be able to look at it for a few days at least..

From what I can see, it will be an aesthetic 'feature'. not really offering any real benifit.

Although, I suppose it would allow you to have a different disk spindle per tape library.

Cheers
Mark
markh794
MHVTL - Developer