Tape density XX and not L4

Pestwoo
Guys
I have deployed MHVTL on Ubuntu 12;04 server and configured a virtual STKSL500 with 4 x HP Ultrium 4 virtual drives. I have configured the iSCSI target and the library and drives are showing up beautifully within windows and SLES11.
However there appears to be something wrong with the media density as the virtual tapes are being created with XX endings rather than L4.
Example:
Slot 1: A00001XX
Slot 2: A00002XX
Slot 3: A00003XX
Slot 4: A00004XX
Slot 5: A00005XX
I would expect to see:
Slot 1: A00001L4
Slot 2: A00002L4
Slot 3: A00003L4
Slot 4: A00004L4
Slot 5: A00005L4

This is causing issues as NetBackup does not like mounting and writing to tapes with an unknown density I have had a look to see if I could rename the tapes in /opt/mhvtl/ but each tape is a directory and holds and index with the tape barcode identity.

Please can someone assist as this is driving me to despair? 

Pete

Re: Tape density XX and not L4

Use the edit_tape utility to change the tape type to LTO4

Or manually update the /etc/mhvtl/library_contents.<id> and change the xx with L4

& restart mhvtl

Re: Tape density XX and not L4

Pestwoo
Thanks Mark,

its working a treat.

Pete
In a wet and cold Bristol UK

Re: Tape density XX and not L4

This was caused by the GUI .. I have corrected this and pushed an update already.