'UNKNOWN' is an invalid density Warning: mamp->MediaType is still undefined

'UNKNOWN' is an invalid density Warning: mamp->MediaType is still undefined

Hi Mark,

I used to have this working also but now getting : 'UNKNOWN' is an invalid density
Warning: mamp->MediaType is still undefined

This is on all 9X40X STK type drives .. I suspect it started after this patch :

I am using the new barcode rules also:

9840A) type=TZ
9840B) type=TY
9840C) type=TX
9840D) type=TW
9940A) type=TV
9940B) type=TU

Let me know if I am doing anything wrong ...

-nia

Re: 'UNKNOWN' is an invalid density Warning: mamp->MediaType is still undefined

Thanks for the bug report..

This patch should fix it (in github)

commit 7f06b956274350c5a5433aae44c524a2d260a0a3
Author: Mark Harvey <markh794@gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Mar 2 15:25:15 2013 +1100

    Add support for 9940x media

    Reference:
    http://mhvtl-linux-virtual-tape-library-community-forums.966029.n3.nabble.co

Re: 'UNKNOWN' is an invalid density Warning: mamp->MediaType is still undefined

Media creation works now ... but not sure if this has become part of the same issue, I no longer can use STK 9x40x tape devices.. i.e:

Library: 50 CHANNEL: 1 TARGET: 00 LUN: 00
 Vendor identification: STK
 Product identification: L700
 Product revision level: 0016
 Unit serial number: 90000050
 NAA: 50:11:22:33:ab:1:00:00
 Home directory: /opt/mhvtl/50
 Backoff: 400

Drive: 51 CHANNEL: 1 TARGET: 00 LUN: 01
 Library ID: 50 Slot: 01
 Vendor identification: STK
 Product identification: 9940B
 Product revision level: 1.27
 Unit serial number: 90000051
 NAA: 50:11:22:33:ab:1:00:01
 Compression: factor 1 enabled 1
 Compression type: lzo
 Backoff: 400

Re: 'UNKNOWN' is an invalid density Warning: mamp->MediaType is still undefined

I'll look at this next week...

Thanks for reporting

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2013, at 2:50, "nia [via MHVTL - Linux Virtual Tape Library - Community Forums]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Media creation works now ... but not sure if this has become part of the same issue, I no longer can use STK 9x40x tape devices.. i.e:

Library: 50 CHANNEL: 1 TARGET: 00 LUN: 00
 Vendor identification: STK
 Product identification: L700
 Product revision level: 0016
 Unit serial number: 90000050
 NAA: 50:11:22:33:ab:1:00:00
 Home directory: /opt/mhvtl/50
 Backoff: 400

Drive: 51 CHANNEL: 1 TARGET: 00 LUN: 01
 Library ID: 50 Slot: 01
 Vendor identification: STK
 Product identification: 9940B
 Product revision level: 1.27
 Unit serial number: 90000051
 NAA: 50:11:22:33:ab:1:00:01
 Compression: factor 1 enabled 1
 Compression type: lzo
 Backoff: 400

To start a new topic under MHVTL - Linux Virtual Tape Library - Community Forums, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MHVTL - Linux Virtual Tape Library - Community Forums, click here.
NAML