Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI....

Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI....

shaadvi
Hi Nia,

I have installed mhvtl on CentOS 6 & running fine with backup s/w as local media server.

I have installed mhvtl-gui, From the console I could see services all online.

Mon Oct 7 11:29:34 PDT 2013
 MHVTL: ONLINE
 tgt  : ONLINE
3 Changer(s) 9 Tape Drive(s) Cartridge(s)

When I try to create new library, It was not created expected tape slots, but created the file with emty.

When I try to use Operator It wont show any library list... But always it will take me further and endup with "cannot open SCSI device 'READONLY' - No such file or directory"

When I try check Targets it say "No Targets Defined".
when I try to create Targets it say "Error: is TGT running ?"
however console System say..

root      2232     1  0 11:20 ?        00:00:00 tgtd
root      2235  2232  0 11:20 ?        00:00:00 tgtd

Can you please guide where to check & what.
Thanks in advance.
Sharad

Re: Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI....

Thanks for the bug report. This sounds like a behavior of missing mt, mtx, lsscsi or incorrect paths and maybe sudo or selinux is not working as expected. I am running Oracle Linux 6.4 and don't see any issues ..

Can you please share the paths to mtx, mt, lsscsi ? Please also check to make sure sudo is working and let me know whether or not selinux is enabled ?

Regards,

-nia

Re: Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI....

Looks like it's time for a feature request :)

Somewhere early on - check all external commands are available and only generate alerts/warnings if one of the 'mt, mtx, lsscsi' etc commands won't run (perhaps because of missing binary or shared library problem etc).

Re: Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI....

shaadvi
Hi Nia,

Here is the information. Please let me know in case you need more..
[root@nbumediavtl ~]# which mt
/bin/mt
[root@nbumediavtl ~]# which mtx
/usr/sbin/mtx
[root@nbumediavtl ~]# which lsscsi
/usr/bin/lsscsi
[root@nbumediavtl ~]# sudo
usage: sudo [-D level] -h | -K | -k | -V
usage: sudo -v [-AknS] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user name|#uid]
usage: sudo -l[l] [-AknS] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-U user name] [-u user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [command]
usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-r role] [-t type] [-C fd] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-r role] [-t type] [-C fd] [-D level] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user name|#uid] file ...

[root@nbumediavtl ~]# more /etc/sudoers |grep apa
#Defaults:apache !requiretty
apache ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
[root@nbumediavtl ~]# more /etc/selinux/config |grep disa
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=disabled
[root@nbumediavtl ~]#

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Mark Harvey [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks like it's time for a feature request :)

Somewhere early on - check all external commands are available and only generate alerts/warnings if one of the 'mt, mtx, lsscsi' etc commands won't run (perhaps because of missing binary or shared library problem etc).

To unsubscribe from Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI...., click here.
NAML

Re: Unable to manage mhvtl funtions using GUI....

Can you cat the entire /etc/sudoers .. I am suspecting something there preventing Apache user from running sudo commands properly ..
Also check logs under /var/log to see if you find any errors related to Apache user running the sudo commands.