Uninstalling MHVTL

nopsled
Hi,

Let's say I need to completely uninstall mhvtl from my CentOS 7.6.1810 Linux box, how to do that ? I tried 'make uninstall', didn't work.

I am not a very experienced Linux user, sorry if this is something obvious for more experienced user.

Thanks!

Re: Uninstalling MHVTL

Hmm... Interesting question.

You could try a "make -n install" and take note of each file and it's location.

If you installed using an RPM, an 'rpm -e mhvtl-utils' will do the trick..

Re: Uninstalling MHVTL

nopsled
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for replying and 100x that for creating MHVTL! Very useful for those supporting backup & recovery software, I do Legato/EMC NetWorker and it has been an awesome tool for tests and learning. I got introduced to mhvtl through Preston De Guise and his nsrd.info blog and I've been using mhvtl since CentOS 5.

The reason I wanted to remove it completely was that I was using 1.5.4 and recently, checking for updates through the Web UI, I saw 1.5.5 was available so I went ahead and did the update but when started MHVTL, it gave me an error saying "too many arguments" when trying to create the tapes. I'll try your suggestion for sure.

Re: Uninstalling MHVTL

nopsled wrote
Thanks a lot for replying and 100x that for creating MHVTL! Very useful for those supporting backup & recovery software, I do Legato/EMC NetWorker and it has been an awesome tool for tests and learning.
Thanks for the kudos :)

nopsled wrote
 I got introduced to mhvtl through Preston De Guise and his nsrd.info blog and I've been using mhvtl since CentOS 5.
I'm name dropping, but I had the pleasure of working with Preston (many years back).

nopsled wrote
The reason I wanted to remove it completely was that I was using 1.5.4 and recently, checking for updates through the Web UI, I saw 1.5.5 was available so I went ahead and did the update but when started MHVTL, it gave me an error saying "too many arguments" when trying to create the tapes. I'll try your suggestion for sure.
There is ongoing work to get mhVTL brought up to 'systemd' standards.. The code base is a little bit 'in flux' - but the next release should not fail with these sorts of errors. Time willing, a new version should be released real soon now :)

Re: Uninstalling MHVTL

nopsled
Hi Mark, thanks for the update!

I eventually deleted the VM and created a new one, but this time stayed on 1.5.4, I'll leave it like that until next version.

Thanks for your time and help!!