Use 'setuidgid' to start daemons if available

Locked 1 message Options

Use 'setuidgid' to start daemons if available

[nia]
Administrator

Use 'setuidgid' to start daemons if available

Postby nia » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 pm

In mhvtl-0.18-11, Use 'setuidgid' to start daemons if available instead of specified user account is added, but for the people that do not use that, the make_vtl_media generates lots of messages when creating media the first time : i.e.:

CODE: SELECT ALL
which: no setuidgid in (/usr/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/usr/bin)

Perhaps this message can get suppressed to avoid confusion.

Although, I do not know if this is the best way to handle this, but I found changing the code this way suppress the message:

CODE: SELECT ALL
/usr/bin/make_vtl_media
line 42

from:
if [ -x "$(which setuidgid)" ]; then
to:
if [ -x "$(which setuidgid 2>/dev/null)" ]; then

I am sure there may be much better ways to handle this.. Just bringing this up to attention .. ;)
~nia
nia
Forum Founder

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Use 'setuidgid' to start daemons if available

Postby ap2010 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 am

I already noticed Mark about this on Sep 24 with a simple patch.

So this will be taken care of in the next release.

Albert
ap2010
Member

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:18 am