Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

Robert_N
hello guys,

for testing some settings in B2T I installed mhVTL on my virtual lab. So far so good. I followed all installing and updateting/upgrading instructions...

But...I get all time error while inventorying tape library.

MHVTL Update is saying me there is one update:

What I did wrong? What I need to do to fix this?

Thanks for help

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

Can you please provide the /var/log/messages from the mhVTL host for analysis

Sent from my autocorrecting iPhone

On 29 Aug 2016, at 23:00, Robert_N [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library] <[hidden email]> wrote:

hello guys,

for testing some settings in B2T I installed mhVTL on my virtual lab. So far so good. I followed all installing and updateting/upgrading instructions...

But...I get all time error while inventorying tape library.

MHVTL Update is saying me there is one update:

What I did wrong? What I need to do to fix this?

Thanks for help

http://mhvtl-a-linux-virtual-tape-library.966029.n3.nabble.com/Veeam-B-R-9-0-0-1715-Inventoring-tape-library-tp4026051.html
To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

Robert_N
Hi Mark,

thank you for fast replayin,

the problem is, I don't have /var/log/messages

see the screenshot

npf

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

npf
Hello,

I think that in your linux distribution is /var/log/kern.log or /var/log/syslog. I would send Mark both.

Best regards,
Nuno Fernandes

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

Robert_N
Hi guys,

here is it:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11895145/mhvtl_logs.zip.html]mhvtl_logs.zip

There are kern.log and kern.log.1 and syslog, syslog.1

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

I'll try download this from home. The URL is blocked from work.
At 3MB, you should be able to upload / attach to one of these posts.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Robert_N [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

here is it:

[URL=http://www.file-upload.net/download-11895145/mhvtl_logs.zip.html]mhvtl_logs.zip[/URL]

There are kern.log and kern.log.1 and syslog, syslog.1

To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

Robert_N
Oh sorry, I thin now it will work.

Upload File was hidden. :)

mhvtl_logs.zip

Re: Veeam B&R 9.0.0.1715 - Inventoring tape library

OK, via the GUI - if you check for updates, you should find updates available for mhVTL.

If you still experiencing issues following the update, please set "VERBOSE = 3" in /etc/mhvtl/mhvtl.conf
Restart the mhVTL daemons
and re-try the Tape Library Inventory from Veeam.
Provide /var/log/kern.log and /var/log/syslog. The /var/log/syslog is the main one of interest.