Where exactly mhvtl stores data written on a tape?

Where exactly mhvtl stores data written on a tape?

apollo
Where exactly mhvtl stores data written on a tape?

I want to write smth on a tape at one linux machine and replace the same file at the other linux machine.  But I dont know where mhvtl stores tapes data. That is the question.

P.S. Thanks for you work.

Re: Where exactly mhvtl stores data written on a tape?

By default, the media is created in the /opt/mhvtl/<barcode> directory.

copying the complete data from this dir will 'move' the media from one host to another. Note: There are a total of three files which make up the virtual media.

However, there is a configuration setting "Home directory:" in /etc/mhvtl/device.conf which will over-ride the default location (per library)
e.g.
Library: 10 CHANNEL: 00 TARGET: 00 LUN: 00
 Vendor identification: STK
 Product identification: L700
 Unit serial number: XYZZY_A
 NAA: 10:22:33:44:ab:00:00:00