by-path udev entries not created in Centos causing NetBackup 8.1.2+ to fail to see drives

by-path udev entries not created in Centos causing NetBackup 8.1.2+ to fail to see drives

cdvcj8
Hello,

In this thread:

http://mhvtl-a-linux-virtual-tape-library.966029.n3.nabble.com/how-to-simulate-tape-status-as-frozen-suspended-etc-td4026268.html#a4026269

You referenced that NetBackup 8.1.2 and later need help as the by-path entries are not created.  I can create the links by hand, but they are removed by a reboot.  Is there a plan to fix this, or an updated udev rule that we can install?

Config:
NetBackup 8.2
CentOS 8.0
VMware workstation guest OS

Thanks,
Chris V.

# Long time user.  First time questioner.  Thanks for all your hard work over the years

Re: by-path udev entries not created in Centos causing NetBackup 8.1.2+ to fail to see drives

cdvcj8 wrote
You referenced that NetBackup 8.1.2 and later need help as the by-path entries are not created.
Yeah, systemd does not know about the mhvtl.ko / pseudo_9 hba type..

cdvcj8 wrote
Or an updated udev rule that we can install?
Check out the scripts directory - especially the "build-persistent-tape-rules.sh"

It will parse the /etc/mhvtl/device.conf and spit out a set of rules to stdout.

You can then cut/paste these into your fav udev rule set (such as /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-tape.rules)

cdvcj8 wrote
# Long time user.  First time questioner.  Thanks for all your hard work over the years
:) thanks for the kudos