how to MHVTL emulation with IBM AIX certify tape library drviers testing failed

how to MHVTL emulation with IBM AIX certify tape library drviers testing failed

zengold
i wash MHVTL own wide space with various kinds of UNIX,LINUX system can certify!

i continue with n.i.a help me to build my MHVTL environment using iscsi protocol testing with IBM AIX UNIX system. but i failed ....! my build step below:
1.vi /etc/iscsi/targets to add

172.16.1.221 3260 iqn.2010-09.com.lab.mhvtl:vtl.1

2.using cfgmgr -l iscsi0 -v to certify in system

attempting to configure device 'iscsi0'
Time: 14        LEDS: 0x25b0
invoking /usr/lib/methods/cfgiscsi -l iscsi0
Number of running methods: 1
----------------
Completed method for: iscsi0, Elapsed time = 2
return code = 0
****************** stdout ***********
:devices.iscsi.array :devices.iscsi.changer rmt0 rmt1 rmt2 rmt3
****************** no stderr ***********
----------------
Time: 16        LEDS: 0x539
Number of running methods: 0
----------------
attempting to configure device 'rmt0'
Time: 16        LEDS: 0x25f7
invoking /etc/methods/cfgscsitape -l rmt0
Number of running methods: 1
----------------
Completed method for: rmt0, Elapsed time = 3
return code = 0
****************** no stdout ***********
****************** no stderr ***********
----------------
Time: 19        LEDS: 0x539
Number of running methods: 0
----------------
attempting to configure device 'rmt1'
Time: 19        LEDS: 0x25f7
invoking /etc/methods/cfgscsitape -l rmt1
Number of running methods: 1
----------------
Completed method for: rmt1, Elapsed time = 3
return code = 0
****************** no stdout ***********
****************** no stderr ***********
----------------
Time: 22        LEDS: 0x539
Number of running methods: 0
----------------
attempting to configure device 'rmt2'
Time: 22        LEDS: 0x25f7
invoking /etc/methods/cfgscsitape -l rmt2
Number of running methods: 1
----------------
Completed method for: rmt2, Elapsed time = 4
return code = 0
****************** no stdout ***********
****************** no stderr ***********
----------------
Time: 26        LEDS: 0x539
Number of running methods: 0
----------------
attempting to configure device 'rmt3'
Time: 26        LEDS: 0x25f7
invoking /etc/methods/cfgscsitape -l rmt3
Number of running methods: 1
----------------
Completed method for: rmt3, Elapsed time = 3
return code = 0
****************** no stdout ***********
****************** no stderr ***********

cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for
        device support but are not currently installed.
devices.iscsi.array
devices.iscsi.changer
Configuration time: 29 seconds

3.can be certify tape drivers,but the library picker was not display need drivers

testing fail!

Re: how to MHVTL emulation with IBM AIX certify tape library drviers testing failed

Sorry, I have no idea.

You will need to talk with an AIX administrator to resolve this type of error.

You may also find better success by changing the mhvtl library emulation string to something AIX does support or understand.

I am working on improving device specific "emulation modes" in the 0.19 branch.

Tape drives are first.
Once I have something working on the tape drives, I'll start working on the library emulation.

My current line of thinking is "personality modules" which register at configuration time and supply custom entry points for things like
 - mode pages
 - Inquiry strings
 - Compression handling
 - Encryption handling
 - Log pages
 - Other things I haven't though about yet.

Cheers
Mark