how to configur Web GUI for mhVTL - Virtual Tape Library on Linux

how to configur Web GUI for mhVTL - Virtual Tape Library on Linux

vivektalluri
I am tried to learn for the netback up, lab practise perfuse I have  installed linux vm.  Could please share me the required software’s and process of installation steps for Web GUI for mhVTL - Virtual Tape Library on Linux.

Re: how to configur Web GUI for mhVTL - Virtual Tape Library on Linux

Have a look at the "Getting Started" instructions here:

https://sites.google.com/site/linuxvtl2/#vtl-getting-started

There are instructions for installing into a RedHat based Linux distribution (RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux etc) - Using ELRepo.
Or installing into another RPM type distribution (e.g. SLES) - using pre-built RPMS
and finally instructions for Debian type (compile & install from source code)..

If you get stuck or any instructions are unclear, please highlight where you are stuck and the error you are encountering - so we can assist.

Re: how to configur Web GUI for mhVTL - Virtual Tape Library on Linux

vivektalluri
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply, actually the problem is my laptop does not support the 64bit and VT technology so I have installed Centos 32 bit OS.

I have downloaded the binaries from MHVTL site and the thing is kernel doesn’t support it.

My laptop model is Y450

Can you share with me the location where I can find the binaries and kernel which my laptop supports?

And also help me with the steps of installation procedure.

Thanks in advance

Vivek.T