lin_tape: IBMChgr0-----04000 changer_check_result()

This post was updated on .
Additioal sensekey reported for the Robot by the IBM lin_tape driver:

kernel: lin_tape: IBMChgr0-----04000 changer_check_result() sensekey: 6 asc: 29 ascq: 0
and
kernel: lin_tape: IBMChgr0-----04000 changer_check_result() sensekey: 5 asc: 3B ascq: E

These flag in the syslog every now and then and do not appear to be affecting any operation that I know of ..

Not sure what they mean.

Mark, let me know if you require MHVTL verbose logging for this ..

Thanks

Re: lin_tape: IBMChgr0-----04000 changer_check_result()

Unfortunately, yes.

I will need the syslog in verbose mode to understand what went wrong.

Did this only occur since the test build I supplied yesterday ?

Or does it also occur with http://sites.google.com/site/linuxvtl2/mhvtl-2010-09-23.tgz?attredirects=0 build ?

Cheers
Mark

Re: lin_tape: IBMChgr0-----04000 changer_check_result()

Just looked up those errors and found the first one is 'normal'. i.e. It is expected on the first SCSI command sent to the logical unit after a power-on.

$ grep 2900 */*.h
usr/scsi.h:#define E_POWERON_RESET 0x2900

The 2nd error was an attempt to move media from an empty slot..
grep -i 3B0E */*.h
usr/scsi.h:#define E_MEDIUM_SRC_EMPTY 0x3b0e

Re: lin_tape: IBMChgr0-----04000 changer_check_result()

Mark Harvey wrote
Did this only occur since the test build I supplied yesterday ?
Or does it also occur with http://sites.google.com/site/linuxvtl2/mhvtl-2010-09-23.tgz?attredirects=0 build ?
No, both had been occurring from before ..
I believe the "changer_check_result() sensekey: 6 asc: 29 ascq: 0" appears to happen only when I restart TSM ..
I have not yet tracked the other one as It happens once or twice every 2-3 weeks.