mhvtl+tgt, broken now ?

Hi Mark,

It has been a while since I used mhvtl with tgt but recently appears to be no longer working .. Not sure if just my setup or other people are seeing the same .. I won't be able to tell when it started to happen .. Basically, can't use the devices on the iscsi client, either commands hang or produces different errors while trying to access.

Here is one trying to perform simple mtx -f status on the robot. Please see syslog attached for this at level 2 loggining.

messages

Please let me know what else I can do to further shed more light on the issue.

Thanks

-nia

Re: mhvtl+tgt, broken now ?

Thanks for the report..

I'll check it out very soon.

p.s. Are you using the latest git code (and recompile the kernel module ?)
cat /sys/modules/mhvtl/version

0.18.14 is the suspect version
0.18.12 or .13 are known good

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 19, 2013, at 4:59, "nia [via mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Mark,

It has been a while since I used mhvtl with tgt but recently appears to be no longer working .. Not sure if just my setup or other people are seeing the same .. I won't be able to tell when it started to happen .. Basically, can't use the devices on the iscsi client, either commands hang or produces different errors while trying to access.

Here is one trying to perform simple mtx -f status on the robot. Please see syslog attached for this at level 2 loggining.

messages

Please let me know what else I can do to further shed more light on the issue.

Thanks

-nia

http://mhvtl-a-linux-virtual-tape-library.966029.n3.nabble.com/mhvtl-tgt-broken-now-tp4025571.html
To start a new topic under mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from mhVTL - A Linux Virtual Tape Library, click here.
NAML

Re: mhvtl+tgt, broken now ?

Mark Harvey wrote
p.s. Are you using the latest git code (and recompile the kernel module ?)
cat /sys/modules/mhvtl/version

0.18.14 is the suspect version
0.18.12 or .13 are known good
Yes, looks like I am using the suspect kernel module :
cat /sys/module/mhvtl/version
0.18.14

Re: mhvtl+tgt, broken now ?

fyi, went back to much older version 1.4.7-ab733ef with kernel module 0.18.12 but still doing the same ..
I have a feeling it could be related to tgt.

Re: mhvtl+tgt, broken now ?

Thanks for checking. I won't have proper network access for a couple of hours yet

Sent from my iPhone

http://mhvtl-a-linux-virtual-tape-library.966029.n3.nabble.com/mhvtl-tgt-broken-now-tp4025571p4025574.html