rework READ ELEMENT STATUS - testing required.

rework READ ELEMENT STATUS - testing required.

Included is a patch which reworks the READ ELEMENT STATUS code.

i.e. Code responsible for returning the robot inventory.

Quick stats -> 263 lines removed, 111 lines added.

Passes tests from NetBackup & mtx.
I'm putting it out for further testing before committing to github.

read_element_status.diff

I'm expecting it to resolve one of the reported problems with Arcserve.
Without this patch, the vtllibrary daemon will most likely segfault if more than 10000 storage elements are defined and an inventory is performed (although NetBackup splits large reads into multiple smaller ones - so I don't see any issue in testing).
I've tested with 30000 storage elements with no ill effects.