vlt_endeject_notify perl script for netbackup

vlt_endeject_notify perl script for netbackup

Eric Engberg
Attached is a vlt_endeject_notify perl script i whipped up fairly quickly.  This script is executed at the end of an eject operation for a vault profile in Netbackup.  This script will empty the tapes that were ejected by the vault operation from the MAP, then get a tape listing from Netbackup and re-insert any tapes that are outside of the mhvtl library and are in the scratch volume pool.

This script is for linux/unix master servers only.  The script must be placed in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin with the file name 'vlt_endeject_notify'.

This script is pretty basic and could probably be improved.  I didn't want to have to include a bunch of different non-standard modules that would have to be installed for other people to use it.

Download: vlt_endeject_notify.pl

Re: vlt_endeject_notify perl script for netbackup

Nice..

Mind if I include the perl script in the 'scripts' directory ?

I think I should split up the scripts directory and add a 'NetBackup', NetWorker', TSM etc.. sub directories for goodies like this.

Re: vlt_endeject_notify perl script for netbackup

Eric Engberg
Not at all.  Hopefully it'll be of use to people.